Saturday 28 October 2017

A REJECTION


Let your disdain drip:
Hot candle wax.
Scalded. Still I’ll mould

My stories with it.

Let your slight swing:
Sharp cold knife.
Cut. Still I’ll carve
My poems with it.

Let your evasion swerve
Screeching brakes.
Crushed. Still I’ll ply
My daydreams in it.

Let your forgetting settle
Gray dust-haze.
Choked. Still I’ll whistle
My songs by it.



Let your silence drop:
Black amavasya night.
Blind. Still I’ll paint
Pink wildflowers with it.



PS: Bored completely with my recent writings on littering, Swachchh Bharat, Diwali crackers and others of similar 'conscientious' nature (which anyway could do naught to bring about behavioural change), I'm back to my escapist writing ways. 
Its Love again this time, always a versatile subject. This one's about unrequited love and its aching tenacity.
Do leave a note if you liked it. And also if you didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by!

The masked waitress had placed a wooden tray with three little black porcelain bowls: one, the staple green chillies in vin...